Saturday, September 3, 2011

Preschool Shaving Cream

So I had a bright idea that we would let Maddi explore some shaving cream. In my vision she would sit in her wheelchair while I held a tray for her, she would play in it and then I would wheel her over to the sink to wash her hands.
So I put her in her chair and got started. After I dipped her hand in the shaving cream, I thought to myself. Hmmm, I need a picture of this. How am I going to do that??
"Hey Lilli, help Moosie while I grab the camera."

As I watched, it got a little messier.
Then it was all over the table. It was on both Maddi's hands and on her clothes and chair. I turned around to put the camera down and when I turned back it was in her mouth, all over her face and in her hair! Unfortunately, I am not laid back enough to take a picture of that. I ran over and frantically held her arms thinking "ahhhh how am I going to clean her up??"
I started wheeling her to the bathroom, but her chair wouldn't go past the fridge, I took her to the kitchen sink, but her chair was too low. So I settled for a wet washrag.
Oh well, she had fun.

I told her physical therapist about it, she said "next time you should use whipped cream. Then it won't matter if she eats it."
Ahhhhh she's a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment